- Region Basel
- Type of contract Temporär - Vollzeit
- Sector of activity Informatik / Telekommunikation
As a preferred supplier for Roche Basel, we are looking for an individual as
Senior AMI Builder
(contract for 4 months, with possible extension). The earliest start date is 10.01.2022 or within 3 months.
Description of the mission
- As an AMI builder Engineer you will create Linux and Windows AMI in automated fashion, integrating AWS services with external tools such as GitLab or jFrog Artifactory.
- You are comfortable in designing, building, deploying, and operating EC2 Instances made out of our custom AMIs.
- Build custom and hardened Amazon Machine Images and responsible for systems functionality, performance and configuration issues.
- Configure platform agents and introduce system automation to perform Unit, Functional, Compliance and Performance tests
- Administration of Linux servers, Virtual Machines and Networks using automated configuration management tools (Bare-metal, private data-centre and Cloud)
- Automate manual tasks with scripts and other tools
- Strong understanding of TCPIP, Linux OS and Process automation
- 20% operations tickets
- Min. 7+ years of experience in Unix/Linux systems (security, tuning, performance and kernel experience)
- Min 5+ years of experience in Cloud Security and Serverless Architectures (Microservices and event driven architecture) - (Lambda, DynamoDB, API Gateway, Step-Functions, ECS, EKS)
- AWS Certification - Professional / Developer or any similar certification
- Min 2+ years of experience in Proficient in Python / Bash
- Min 2+ years of experience in developing command-line and standalone applications and Infrastructure-as-Code and related tools (Terraform / CloudFormation / CI / CD )
- Min 2+ years of experience in AMI Builder tools and OS testing frameworks (ansible, packer, inspec, Git) / RPM and DEB packaging systems
- It mostly applies to 1:1 communication with product teams by supporting them with clarification and regarding problems that affect internal products (AMIs), AWS Accounts or 3rd party tools/services (CloudFlare, Dome9, .. ).
- Reach out to colleagues while facing problems and documenting the findings once, the issue gets addressed. Open to collaborate, great attitude and positive mindset.
- Ability to analyse problems and deep dive into internal documentation or source code. Proactive approach to solve problems by learning new things at the same time.
- Comfortable working under pressure and ready to work long hours when required.
Nice to Haves:
- Programming skills: Experience in any one or more : C / GoLang / Ruby /Perl, Powershell advanced scripting
- Expert experience with Networking and troubleshootinΩΩTCP/IP , DNS, Routing, Switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN ( Traceroute, iperf, dig, cURL or related, Tcpdump / Wireshark )
- Able to produce consistent workload and analyse system behaviour
- OS Tuning / Monitoring (e.g. Put system under stress and collect results, define performance KPI and Metrics)
Interested? You can find more information here: Infopackage. Please apply via the "Bewerben" button below and answer all questions, otherwise we will be unable to process your application.
- Agence GPP AG - GLOBAL RECRUITMENT - +41 44 266 50 25
- Published on 7. Dezember 2021
- Consultant Marijke van Engelenburg